Most people believe that if you have a cold or the flu you just have to suffer with it for as long as a week to ten days until it runs its course. This really isnít the case, though.
The fact is, you can speed the process along by following seven simple, natural steps. In this article, we will share the seven top home remedies for curing a cold.
We’ll also provide some sound lifestyle advice to help you stay more comfortable and regain your health. Read on to learn more.
Cold Or Flu Home Remedies
1. Echinacea: This powerful herb helps build up your immune system so that your own body can fight off cold and flu symptoms quickly. It is also excellent for improving lymphatic drainage. Clinical studies show that it can reduce your recovery time by half.
To keep your immune system strong and avoid catching cold, itís a good idea to take a small amount of Echinacea on a weekly basis year round. The moment that you believe that you are catching a cold, you should begin supplementing with Echinacea.
If you are drinking Echinacea tea, enjoy 3 or 4 cups a day. If you are taking a capsule supplement, follow package directions.
2. Elderberry Syrup: This all-natural syrup is filled with antioxidants and vitamin C, so it has excellent immune boosting abilities. Seek out a brand of Elderberry syrup that does not include sugar and other unnatural ingredients. You want syrup that is deep black in color and all-natural.
3. Vitamin C: You should naturally take your vitamin C every day (at least 1000 mg daily). When you have a cold or the flu, you should increase that dosage to 1000 mg five times daily. Vitamin C helps improve circulation and strengthens your immune system. Be sure to purchase a high quality, all-natural supplement when buying vitamin C.
4. Garlic: You can take garlic in capsules, but it’s really better to consume fresh, whole cloves. Simply shell the clove and then bite down on it a couple of times before swallowing it to release the flavor and healing properties.
If the flavor is a bit much for you, you can dice it up and swallow it straight or use it in cooking or in making a veggie smoothie. Garlic is a great healer that delivers a powerful dose of antibacterial, antifungal and anti-viral properties.
5. Oil of Oregano: This is a very powerful essential oil that is excellent for natural healing. Just like garlic, it has very strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Additionally, it is very effective against parasites. It’s easy to take oil of oregano. Just add four five drops to a glass of pure filtered water and drink it. You want to do this three or four times daily while you are ill.
6. Zinc: Just as vitamin C boosts your immune system, zinc is an excellent mineral for immune system support. While you are ill, you should take 50 mg of zinc two times daily. This will not only improve immune system function, but it will also help support gut health.
7. Apple cider vinegar (ACV): You will want to take up to 6 tablespoons of ACV a day. A couple of tablespoonfuls added to hot or cold water can be very helpful for improving lymphatic drainage and soothing a sore throat.
Take A Proactive Approach
In addition to the seven tips listed above, be sure to follow common sense advice and practice good lifestyle habits while you are ill.
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Eat plenty of citrus fruit
- Stay well hydrated
Enjoy nourishing foods such as homemade chicken soup. It really is easy to make a delicious, truly healing soup with fresh veggies, chicken, garlic and a Crock Pot. Remember to include plenty of garlic!
Using all of these home remedies can take some doing, but it’s well worth it. If you follow the advice presented here, you can reduce the duration of your cold and flu symptoms as much as 80%.
If you continue to practice good lifestyle habits, you can keep your immune system strong and avoid catching cold quite so often.
– source –